Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Finally an OPAQUE NEON YELLOW!!!

I've tried a fair number of neon yellows. Some are beautiful, some look like I peed on my fingers. But all are sheer even with multiple coats.

But now Essie's new summer neons bring us a magic event - an OPAQUE neon yellow!!

Essie Funky Limelight:


Essie's formula is pretty standard for a neon. It dries very quickly, even on the nail as you polish if you are too slow. So it can streak, which accounts for the 99% instead of 100% opacity. But it also means no mudslides (that annoying slippage to the side of polish which is wet under a dry top layer) and also you are free to go about your business quickly. But it's pretty easy to use despite that and for this kind of opacity in a neon yellow I would put up with FAR worse. I couldn't find it online, but I didn't look hard, I snagged this as part os an Essie mini sampler set. I'll post the other colors soon. ENJOY!!!


A couple other neon yellows, for comparison:
Nina Ultra Pro Solar Flare:


China Glaze Celtic Sun:
China Glaze Celtic Sun

Tyler Durden's opinion of neon yellow polishes:
Did you know that if you mix equal parts of gasoline and frozen orange juice concentrate you can make napalm?

No comments:

Post a Comment