Friday, September 25, 2009

MAC Style Black Polishes!

Okay yeah the world has had black polishes forevah! But luckily MAC brought, finally, some real thought and excitement to its polish this year. I love pretty much the whole Style Black collection, and will post about it later, but for now you need to see the polishes and buy them before they go away, and believe me these WILL go fast.

MAC Nocturnelle, glossy black jelly. No surprises here except for the fact it's a jelly not a creme. Who woke up to realize jellies exist?? A little hard to work with, and it bubbled and stained me a bit. I prefer China Glaze Liquid Leather. But this isn't a ripoff or anything, like most of the Trend Fall/Winter colors were.
MAC Nocturnelle

MAC Seriously Hip is like they took my beloved OPI At Your Quebec & Call, made the shimmer grain larger, and dipped it in black jelly. FINALLY something new and exciting!! All is forgiven, MAC, come here and let me kiss you.
MAC Seriously Hip

MAC Baby Goth Girl is another riff on the red-in-black-jelly idea, this time with a deeper more purplish wine red instead of a ruby red sequin feel. This is also a shimmer not a glitter. This makes it deeper, more sophisticated, yet no less sexy and shimmery than the ruby reds. And it was so easy to work with this is only one coat! Dunno about the name, this is not Baby anything, this is a hot woman who gets what she wants. I absolutely love it. SO Vampire. I want to see Eric wearing it.
MAC Baby Goth Girl

10 comments:

  1. The plain black I can skip since I have Liquid Leather. These next too are really fantastic. I have to get these. Are these limited editions? They look fantastic on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These jellies are impressive for sure...only eyeing Mac Baby goth girl I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Seriously Hip similar to Wagon trail? Or am I just blind? :) I love Baby Goth Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah it does look _really_ close to Wagon Trail doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have Wagon Trail, but it did cross my mind when I put on Seriously Hip. I really need to get a bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love baby goth girl- which eric did you mean- true blood eric? ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like baby goth girl, but like others have said, seriously hip looks like wagon trail to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look cool but I need to see seriously hip in person. I have wagon trail and I loved it, but it has since found a home with my little cousin so I need a replacement. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Polished Museaholic - you know a Vampire Eric other than True Blood Eric? Please introduce me!! Hehehehehe.

    ReplyDelete