Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Essie Cuddle With Color Fall 2009 Collection

I'm a bit late with this one, but I wasn't going to buy it til it came on at internet prices and I could buy the mini set. And I'm glad because while it's more exciting than normal Essie offerings it's all been done before. I did not buy or swatch bright tights, it's just a neon orange. I'm sure the formula is fine. Buy it if you like neon oranges. As I said I bought the mini set, plus one full size bottle, Chinchilly.

Essie Pink Parka. Neon pink. It's got more blue to the pink than their summer offering, Punchy Pink, and I adore the color. It's pretty much exactly the base color of Color Club's summer offering Electro candy, but without the blue shimmer. I do like it but a mini will be quite enough. Sometimes neon pinks can get a bit orangey, and this one absolutely is not orangey.
Essie Pink Parka

Essie Chinchilly. A grey with a healthy helping of taupe. Would have preferred a straight grey, this reminds me of dirty filing cabinets.
Essie Chinchilly

Essie Midnight Cami is another midnight navy blue with a slight shimmer. It has a nice cobalt tone, if it's been a few shades lighter it woulda been to die for, but as is it's just yet another almost black.
Essie Midnight Cami

Essie Angora Cardi, a simple creme, kinda a bit redder/purplier than raisin.
Essie Angora Cardi

Essie Mink Muffs is a cool-tone brown. Nice for work.
Essie Mink Muffs

The formula is standard decent Essie, the colors add some needed variety to Essie's line, but are kinda unremarkable. I think it'd be a nice work set, barring the neons.

3 comments:

  1. pink parka looks nice. other than that, the other colors kinda bore me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a pretty pink. I really like Chinchilly and Mink Muffs. I don't usually go for those colors. Strange!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of chinchilly, but then I love colours that are slightly dirtied...

    ReplyDelete