Tuesday, August 4, 2009

China Glaze for Days! - China Glaze Golden Enchantment

Golden Enchantment is a gold "rainbow" microfine glitter which you could wear alone but I would probably wear as a layered topcoat. I don't think this is what you could call holographic glitter. I like to personally define holographic glitter as having a curved rainbow on the nail that is cohesive, shared among the grains of glitter. Rainbow glitter, to me, flashes all colors of the spectrum, but no matter how much of it you have it does not have that shared whole nail rainbow effect.

Anyway now that I have been pedantic, enjoy Golden Enchantment.

China Glaze Golden Enchantment:
China Glaze Golden Enchantment

5 comments:

  1. Since these types of glitters shimmer like little prisms, I tend to call them "prismatic" and totally agree with your classification of holographic polish...(We "wordsmiths" have to stick together!)

    How many coats did it take to achieve the level of opacity in your photo?

    Thanks in advance,
    ~Monica =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica this is two thick coats. The base is not colorless, it is yellow.

    And I love the word prismatic! I might confuse it with Sally Hansen Prisms, though. Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with your pedantic-ism :) I agree I'd probably put this over something else but you have nice white tips so it looks good over your natural nail! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shimmer. But I'm not crazy about it. It looks like nails dipped in a shimmery urine sample. Sorry but maybe I'd like it over somethin other than bare nails. Looks like badly stained nails. I'm sorry this is very rude but I'll post it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFLMAO Lucy! Please post any and all comments you honestly feel, I would SO rather you do that than not.

    Yeah like I said I would not wear it alone.

    ReplyDelete