Friday, April 10, 2009

China Glaze Summer Days Collection

Not long after I got interested in nail polish, the China Glaze Summer Days Collection came out. I saw the pictures of the bottles and the ad before I saw swatches of the polish on someone's nails, and I was not impressed. The colors looked very average and the ad was just awful that weird looking lady with her finger in her mouth and her cheeks all sucked in, and those chalky looking raspberries on her fingers? Ewww.

Anyway, I did see pictures after a bit on my friend Carla, and I was knocked out. The colors were so fruity and vibrant, and SO shiny! So I got a few of them and thus started my passion for China Glaze's glass fleck polishes. I just love everything about them. They sort of glow. The glass fleck really works with light to make these polishes vibrant and incredibly shiny. I adore glass fleck and must own them all!

These polishes are a good thickness, and not runny. They apply smoothly, and while you get plenty of coverage in two coats, some are very "jelly" translucent and you may still see your nail underneath. This does not bother me, I think it enhances their glow. If it does bother you, you may wish to stick with Strawberry Fields, Watermelon Rind and Grape Juice, as these are the most opaque, SF being entirely opaque.

Strawberry Fields, a deep opaque pink with gold glass fleck:
China Glaze Strawberry Fields

Raspberry Festival, a juicy red jelly with glass fleck:
China Glaze Raspberry Festival

Watermelon Rind, a bluish green jelly with glass fleck:
China Glaze Watermelon Rind

Cherry Pie, a hot orange/red jelly, and my favorite:
China Glaze Cherry Pie

Orange Marmalade. Yeah, it's orange:
China Glaze Orange Marmalade

Grape Juice, a sort of Koolaid idea of what grape juice looks like, but still pretty:
China Glaze Grape Juice

Tyler Durden's Review of the Summer Days Collection:
Self Improvement is masturbation.

No comments:

Post a Comment